Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're having a Baby!

It's official! The news has been out for a little while, but today we had our first doctor's appointment and actually got to see the evidence...a little baby is growing inside my belly! I'm 8 weeks along and we're due on Nov 12th. Stephen is really excited and I definitely am too!  We're so thankful for this precious gift from God.

I get asked daily how I feel, and I must say that it really hasn't been too bad so far. I had about a week and a half of feeling nauseous all day long...I was thinking that someone needed to rename Morning Sickness" to "Morning, Noon, & Night Sickness," but the last week and a half I have felt much better. I'd say hunger and just a slight uneasiness in my stomach have been the main feelings lately. Hopefully it will stay that way rather than get any worse!

The new grandparents-to-be were the first to find out, and we tried to make the big reveal special for each of them. I'll have to tell the stories later. Needless to say, everyone is pretty ecstatic. This will be the first grandbaby on both sides of the family, so everyone is suddenly feeling a lot older (especially my grandfather who is about the be a great-granddaddy). :-) I'm so thankful for our wonderful families and all their support. There will be no lack of loving arms and babysitters for this little one!

Be praying for our newly forming family. Stephen and I realize the awesome responsibility of parenting and discipling children, and we're taking it in with much joy and prayer. We want to honor the Lord in the way we raise our children, and for our children to learn from their parents to love Jesus Christ and share His Gospel with the world. It's a big task and an exciting one! Enjoy the pictures!

This is me at 8 weeks...not much to see yet!

1 comment:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

We are SO THRILLED for you guys! Thank you for posting pictures of your little miracle. It was wonderful to see y'all this weekend...wish we could have joined Kam and Olivia for an evening in the Webb home for more hangout time and good conversation. Maybe before too long...