Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I can't believe it's already been 10 weeks. That means I'm 1/4 of the way through this pregnancy and in just 3 short weeks I'll be done with the first trimester. Not that I'm wishing it would go quickly, but I'm definitely excited to be reaching that milestone! Overall I'm still feeling pretty good, but I do get a little queasy first thing in the morning and then again right around dinner time until I go to bed. And tired. Right now my evenings consist of taking a nap the moment I get home from work, waking up to eat a little something and talk to Stephen, and then falling back asleep for the night. Stephen has definitely been a trooper and hasn't made a big deal out of having to fend for himself at dinner time (thank you honey!). I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful, sweet, and helpful husband. Last night after I woke up from my nap, he asked if he could get me anything to eat before I even made it out of the bed and then brought it to me in bed. Talk about service! :-)

According to all the baby websites, this week our baby is about one and half inches long, and about the size of a kumquat (not that I have any idea what a kumquat looks like...). Last week it was the size of a green olive or large grape, so I'm just picturing a little bigger than that. I was looking ahead and in 2 weeks, it will be the size of a large plum! Wow, that's a lot of growth in just a few weeks from grape to plum! No wonder I'm so hungry during the day. I think I'm starting to show just a little bit, though I doubt anyone but me can tell. I have a feeling I'm about to enter that awkward stage where people can't tell if you've just gained some weight or if you are actually pregnant. :-) LOL. Should be fun!

Well I think that's all the baby news at the moment. I have my next doctor's checkup in 2 weeks. I think we're going to take another picture tonight, which I'll post on here and you guys can decide for yourselves if I'm starting to show. It's been 2 weeks since the last one, so there's been a little bit of change.

Oh, and I have to mention the cute Easter basket we got from Grandma-to-be Janet and Grandpa-to-be Jeff. One side of it was filled with pink candies and the other side was filled with blue candies and at the back it had a bunch of baby magazines. So cute! It's been fun to flip through the magazines in the evenings. Thanks Janet and Jeff! And thanks to my mom for the Baby Einstein Lullaby CD! It will be a fantastic nap-time CD for the baby and I've already enjoyed listening to it. The music is so soothing, and all the lullabies are set to the music of Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and other famous composers - so great! Our little one is definitely going to be spoiled by some loving grandparents (and great-grandparents)!

No comments: