Sunday, April 13, 2008

Things We Love

I love this picture.  It's from the Bridesmaid's Luncheon we had for my bridesmaids, mom's, and grandma's the day before Stephen and I got married.  It was such a great time of the ladies from both sides of the family spending some quality time together right before the wedding.  I absolutely loved having all of them together and getting to listen to some funny stories.  The picture is of me, my sister Emily, and my former roommate Alison.  I can't believe how Emily is growing up so fast.  I'm missing so much of it...her teenage years.  But I'm thankful for such a terrific, cool sister and love the brief chances I get to see her and be around her.  And Alison is getting married in 2 months!!!  I get to be in her wedding and can't wait for her to begin the wonderful journey of marriage!  

And just for fun, here's a yummy pic that Stephen's mom took at The Cheesecake Factory as she was getting the cheesecakes for our wedding.  Don't they look delicious?!  Stephen decided instead of a traditional cake, he wanted cheesecake for his groom's cake at the reception.  So one evening we took on the oh-so-hard job of taste-testing various cheesecake's to pick out our favorite three.  That was definitely one of the highlights of wedding planning :-)  And since we've been in California, Pasadena has become one of our favorite places to walk around and shop, and there's a Cheesecake Factory right in the middle of Colorado Blvd, the main shopping area.  So there's always the temptation to stop in for a good meal or a little cheesecake.  We've only give in a few times.  We took Sara and Emily when they came to visit, and it was a hit as always.  You really can't get much better than cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory!

No comments: