Friday, November 9, 2007

Life Is Good

I was never nervous about the idea of getting married to Stephen. Everyone asks you that when you're engaged, and maybe some people do get nervous about the idea of spending the rest of their life with a specific person and what it will be like, but I never had that fear. I knew the kind of man I was marrying when I went into this. I knew his character, and I knew his dedication to the Lord and to me. He never made me question his intentions. I may not have known every little detail about him, like the fact that he has 200 pairs of white socks and doesn't like the idea of getting rid of any of them, but I've found so many more things about him that I love now that we're married. There is definitely give and take, and it's a process to learn to consider another person in all that you do, but the rewards are tenfold. I could not have asked for a more wonderful husband.

Just a few of the things I love about being married to Stephen Webb:
I laugh more now than I ever have. He always compliments my cooking, even when it's not that great. He stops to wake me up and give me a kiss every morning before he leaves for work. He smiles at me across the room when we're doing Jr High ministry. He holds my hand. He lets me climb into his lap when he's sitting in our recliner. I can't wait to see him at the end of each day. I fall asleep every night knowing I am loved and deeply loving the incredible man next to me.

I thank the Lord for the gift of my husband. It is truly the Lord who brought us together and keeps us through each day.

No comments: