Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving! I know we did, and we've been enjoying the extra long weekend! I had forgotten how nice it is to have 3 days in a row of sleeping in and just relaxing. Vacations really are great! :-)

Stephen and I shared Thanksgiving day with two of the families in Jr High ministry, the Scott's and the Duncan's (our Jr High Pastor). It was a beautiful and yummy meal and some good fellowship. We have so much to be thankful to the Lord for right now; our first holiday as a married couple for one! Although we couldn't make it home to share Thanksgiving with our families, we're really excited about Christmas coming up in just a few short weeks. We'll be seeing family before we know it!

I really like this time of year! We put up a little tree with lights and ornaments on it (I'll take a pic soon and put it on here) and we also put up some Christmas lights outside on our patio. After a lot of hype about how much Stephen dislikes putting up Christmas lights, he was actually a really good sport about it and did a great job with them. Friday night we turned off all the lights but the Christmas tree and the lights outside (opened the sliding glass door's blinds so we could see them really well) and watched a movie together. It was a lot of fun and I honestly couldn't have been happier or more content cuddling up next to my wonderful husband.

Hope you enjoy this holiday season and don't forget to take care of your Christmas shopping sooner rather than later! :-)

No comments: