Saturday, June 21, 2008

He's Almost Here!

Tomorrow the movers show up in California to load up all our stuff and drive it home to Alabama for us. Stephen's dad flew out there today to help with the drive across the country in Stephen's car, and they will be leaving tomorrow as soon as the movers are done. That means my husband will be back in just a few short days!!! I can't wait for him to get here...I thought this long distance thing was over once we got married! :-) But atleast it was only 2 weeks (even if it did feel like forever).

I am definitely thankful that I had these two weeks to get used to my new job. It has taken some adjusting and I've been staying really late every night, putting me home usually after 7 or 8 pm. I do NOT plan on doing that once Stephen is here, and so it was good to have some time to get the feel for things and not be feeling bad for neglecting him.

Today I did yardwork! It's so weird to me that I haven't had a YARD since high school. Or a garage, come to think of it. I'm so excited to get some plants and flowers (hopefully). That was one thing I loved about where we were in California - all the beautiful flowers that were always in bloom! I guess we'll have to see whether or not I have a green thumb!

No comments: