Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Up All Night

I can't believe January is already over. I have a feeling this year is going to fly by...

This past weekend we had a Jr High Lock-In at the church. When I hear the word lock-in, two things come to mind: lots of fun and NO SLEEP. And that's exactly what happened. I haven't been to a lock-in since high school, and all my memories of our youth group lock-ins are great ones. This one proved just as good.

Within the first 30 minutes, all 100+ junior highers (and probably some of the staff) had run around enough to create quite a stench, which stayed with them and only increased as the night wore on. If you've ever spent much time with junior highers, you know what I'm talking about.

Some of the highlights of the night were:
  • A mechanical bull, which everyone, including Stephen and me, got to ride
  • Stephen's team taking 2nd place and mine taking 3rd in the 1:00am DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT (which finished at 4:00am)
  • Getting to hang out with some awesome 7th and 8th graders
  • NO SLEEP (I don't know that we'd consider this a highlight....)
  • Going to bed as soon as it was all over

Needless to say, it was a lot of fun and very tiring. We definitely spent the majority of the daylight hours on Saturday sleeping. And then our bodies were so sore that we moved as little as possible the rest of the weekend. Who knew that a dodgeball tournament could create such pain. Maybe by the time it rolls around next year, we'll be ready to do it again!

No comments: