Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Post Christmas!

I told someone at church Merry Christmas this morning :-) Guess it's time to change that to Happy New Year! I can't believe 2008 is only a day and a half away! I'll have to write a reflective post on 2007 and all it's excitement and the endless possibilities of 2008, but we'll save that for the next one. Right now I'm still in the Christmas mood. :-)

During the holiday Stephen and I flew home to Alabama to spend some time with his wonderful family. We had such a good time being with them and eating yummy southern food, even though there were some humiliating moments during the traditional game of Dirty Santa. Being around his family always reminds me of God's love and kindness...it just flows out of them! (yes, even you, Frank)

Then Stephen's dad drove us to Atlanta to spend a few days with my family. We had fun playing lots of games and being our normal competitive selves. It was good to have some time to celebrate Christmas with them and just hang out. Then we miraculously managed to fit all our presents, clothes, and wedding gifts into our bags so that we didn't have to worry about the flight home. It was a great trip and we had such a great time with our families.

We hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas as well! We are so thankful that God chose to send His Son to the earth as a baby, who would one day to die to take the penalty for our sins. What an incredible gift we have been given and we look forward to the day when our Savior returns to earth.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."
Isaiah 9:6,7

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Rachel! I want to subscribe to your blog...do you know how I can? I can't find a link! I didn't know if you had it set up or not.