Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Vacation Weekend!

Hooray for Memorial Day!  I'm so thankful for all the men and women who have served in the armed forces defending our country.  Today our grandpa's came to my mind, as well as Stephen's cousin Joe who is in the Marines.  They are men I am proud of.

And I'm also thankful for Memorial Day because it meant that Stephen and I both got the day off from work!  And boy did we need it!  We took it pretty easy this weekend, mostly staying home and doing stuff around the apartment, sleeping in, and having fun relaxing together.  The extra day added to the weekend made it feel like a mini vacation. 
 
I love spending time with Stephen.  We really only left the apartment on Sunday for church and then on Monday to go see Indiana Jones.  The rest of the time we just hung out.  He is constantly making me laugh.  He is really helpful and always ready to jump in when I need an extra hand with dinner, the trash taken out, a drink from the fridge, anything.  Such a servant.  And the fact that he usually jumps to do those things rather than complaining or having a bad attitude...he sets a great example.  

And I love dreaming with him.  Dreaming about our future, dreaming about kids and a family, dreaming about serving in a church, dreaming up big plans for investing and businesses we could do, anything and everything.  The great thing about those dreams is they can change and grow with each passing day.  Some get closer, and some farther away, but we know that all the while we will continue to strive to honor God with our lives and look forward to the ways He will use us, whether in ways we dream, or even in ways we haven't thought of dreaming about.  I just know that I'm thankful for today and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead!

No comments: